Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Adventure of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother (1975)

 

Sheer luck! Written and directed by Gene Wilder. A favorite. I watched a documentary on Marty Feldman on Youtube the other day. Madeline Kahn, Leo McKern, Roy Kinnear. I remember from a previous viewing that I've seen at least one of the old posters on the wall in Sigerson's room at the Library of Congress site. I generally like the Sherlock Holmes parodies. Playing now. Won't you come in, Miss Liar!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Adventure_of_Sherlock_Holmes%27_Smarter_Brother


Trailers From Hell.

https://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/21277/adventure-of-sherlock-holmes-smarter-brother-the/

Mr. Galbraith here contends the Peter Cook/Dudley Moore Hound of the Baskervilles fiasco is a better movie, which is frankly laughable. I may be the only fan of the Gene Wilder film but I watched Hound of the Baskervilles recently and it was utter dreck. (Some of the old posters can be seen below.)

No comments:

Post a Comment