Saturday, March 19, 2022

Wu's TV Corner: Hollywood Beat - Fast Hustle

 


I thought about hiring a professional TV writer to write a TV column. Who needs a professional? I know something about TV. I am watching an episode of Hollywood Beat now on Youtube. Casting to the 40 inch TV in the living room. 

This cop show made my 2nd list of Youtube favorites. 1985 ABC. Jack Scalia, Jay Acovone, John Matuszak. Edward Winter as the boss cop. An Aaron Spelling production. This episode is titled, "Fast Hustle." Chick Vennera as Stack. This episode also features John P. Ryan and James Hampton. Stack the informant is in some deep kind of trouble and fast talking isn't going to help him in the long run.

This show is the grittier and darker L.A. of the 80s. Spelling shows are hit and miss but he did make a few good cop/detective shows. Same can be said for Scalia. I watched a couple of episodes of this show a few years ago and I see why I liked it now. Good show. Solid 80s cop show.

This will be a weekly or every other weekly TV column starting next month. I will write an actual review of a random episode in the Youtube TV archive. By actual review I mean at least three paragraphs. Lots of random cop and detective shows. Sheriff Lobo. Lots of random sitcoms.


https://thegoldenhornblog.blogspot.com/2020/07/hollywood-beat.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hollywood_Beat

No comments:

Post a Comment