Saturday, March 27, 2021

Shrimp Pasta Salad

 

Made shrimp pasta salad for the first time in a while. I used to make it a lot. Sometimes things get bumped out of the rotation for a while. Chicken thighs and rice has been replaced by pork chops and green peas/field peas. About to be my late night lunch with Extra-Toasty Cheez-Its. Need to restock the freezer so I got a big whole chicken to make more gumbo and two things of crawfish tails to make a double batch of crawfish etouffee. I have a bunch of chicken stock in the freezer. Pics and text below from Kinja 8/08/16.


1 can small shrimp (or boil some yourself if available).

1 package rotini pasta (rainbow rotini is more festive).

1 stalk celery.

Purple onion (about a third of a cup, guessing, I like a lot of onion).

3-4 green onion tops (I have some growing in a pot in the courtyard).

Lemon or lemon juice (forgot this).

Dressing made with olive oil, cider vinegar, creole or dijon mustard. I’m not sure how much because I just eyeball it in a little jar. 2-1 ratio olive oil to vinegar and a squirt of mustard as an emulsifier. (I use more vinegar when I don’t have lemon juice).

Chop purple onion, celery, green onion. Put in big bowl. Drain shrimp and put in bowl. Add a little salt and pepper (I use Greek seasoning mix).

Boil rotini until tender (about seven minutes) and then rinse in cold water to stop cooking. Add to bowl with other ingredients and most of the dressing and toss. Cover and chill in fridge for several hours. Reserve some of the dressing and/or lemon juice because the pasta will soak up that liquid. Before serving add a little more and toss again.

No comments:

Post a Comment