Friday, August 7, 2020

Three Bean Chili Soup

 



No meat version. Using the new blogger is so pleasant. Made more bean soup yesterday for the freezer. Not exactly this recipe. I will do it slightly different depending on what tomatoes and beans I have and this time I didn't have any celery.

The frozen cubes are chipotle peppers in adobo sauce from last chili bean soup. Hot stuff.

 I drain and rinse the red and black beans and use the full pinto beans as a thickener.

One onion, two stalks celery, three cloves garlic. One tablespoon chili powder, one tablespoon cumin since it was a lot of beans, tomato, and vegetables.



Extra-Toasty Cheez-Its go well with the bean soup.

blogger keeps wanting to underline and text link everything. Total nightmare to use.

Cook vegetables till soft. Add thyme and bay leaf.

Add chipotle peppers in adobo sauce.


Add tomato and let simmer for a few minutes to cook some water off and concentrate flavors.


Add chili powder and cumin. I put one tablespoon of each.

Add beans.

Add chicken broth. I also added a little water. Last time I used two boxes of broth but I also had a little meat in that soup. Say two cups water added, I may add more as I go.

One hour mark. Remove bay leaf. Skim grease and foam off top as you go. I did add a cup of water now, it was getting pretty thick.

Done. Took it off at two hours. Spicy. Better after it sits overnight in the fridge. Won’t be as spicy tomorrow. The beans soak some of that up.


No comments:

Post a Comment